Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar…
1. You’re going to have to treat every man like an explosive until he proves to you that he’s burnt out. Often, the wolves are disguised as woodcutters.
2. Being a lady ain’t easy, honey, but somebody’s gotta do it.
3. When he asks to see your body, show him your fists.
4. Do not try to be pretty. You weren’t meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don’t let anyone ever simplify you to just “pretty.”
5. If they ask you to give them a smile, spit on their shoes.
6. Never be afraid to take up space – you’ve earned it. You deserve it.
7. When a boy claims to be a gentleman and keeps asking for your hand, tell him you’ll give him a finger. Yeah, you know the one I’m talking about.
8. ‘No’ is your friend. Practice saying it in the mirror so it will slip out like venom when he puts his hands on you.
9. Your worth is measured only by how happy you are. Nothing more, nothing less.
10. You are a fucking firework. I’m so proud of you.
10 Things I Wish My Mother Had Taught Me | d.a.s
Why do you put your self esteem in the hands of complete strangers?